People don’t realize that how much food they throw away every day. About 95 percent of the food we throw away ends up in landfills or combustion facilities. The amount of food waste produced globally each year is more than enough to feed the nearly 1 billion hungry people in the world. So we people have avoid wastage of food.
In India, where millions of people do not enough food to eat. Hence we should never waste it. So we should prevent wastage of food, food preserving is a method of storing both raw and cooked food for an extended time by using food preservatives. The main objective behind using food preservatives is to preserve the appearance, flavor, edibility and nutritive value of the foods and also to prevent from food poisoning. Our main aim is to avoid wastage of food and serving to those who suffering from starving.
Prevention of Food Wastage:
- We should buy only that much food which can either be consumed or kept safely at home. Through this way you have to avoid wastage of food.
- We should avoid excessive refining and processing of food.
- Rotate items in your fridge and pantry so the oldest items are at the front.
- Controlling the amount on your plate controls the amount in the garbage. Start with a small serving and get seconds if you want them.
- Put fresh food away as soon you get home. When you are putting it away check use by dates to see what you should use immediately and what you should freeze.
- If food is close to its use by date and you’re not ready to eat it immediately cooking it can extend its life by a number of days. Just remember to cool and refrigerate it as quickly as you can.
- Canning is a great way to preserve food and its shelf life for months.
- If you are starving when you arrive at restaurant you’ll be tempted to order more than you can eat. So avoid these things.
- Buy exactly what you need because most of times you people buy more than we can realistically use.
- Never going to eat that can of beans. Donate it to a food kitchen before it expires so it can be consumed by someone who needs it.